Thursday 7 May 2015

Curtey's Miniatures 28mm Dark Age Farm Unboxed

I've had my eye on the Dark Age Farm by Curtey's Miniatures for a while now, and I managed to pick one up as part of my swag from Salute. At £55 it wasn't a cheap buy, but it is an inspired piece of scenery and will look good on the tabletop. Bottom line is I'm a sucker for a nice bit of scenery.....


It includes five resin buildings:




 
 
Plus some accessories and some civilian figures:
 
 
Metal doors and two beautiful thatched beehives.
Two clay ovens and a selection of non-combatants.
 



Plus a sprue of Renedra's Wattle Fencing to tie it all together.
 


Close-up of the box art: Painted example
 
You can see some more examples of the finished item here.  I'm looking forward to putting this lot together and getting it on the table.
 
 
On a separate note the Mighty Ray Rousell of Don't Throw A One, is holding a mega-giveaway to celebrate his 500th post. Many congratulations on reaching that milestone, Ray - his is an excellent blog and well worth following. I am not registering for any of the prizes as I have plenty to build and paint thanks to Salute, but there's lots of lovely prizes so take a look!
 
 
Until next time.....
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment